United Utilities are currently carrying out work in the area which may affect journeys to school. Please be aware of the disruption and allow additional time to get to school if your normal route is affected. Full details of the planned works are shown below.
Project Reference: 80040119SDL
Upgrading our water pipes in Southport
Our next phase of work is to install a new water pipe from Scarth Hill Water Tower to Dark Lane Water Treatment Works.
How this may affect you:
Week commencing 19 September 2016 we'll be setting up our first working area on Dark Lane. From there we will have a few road closures as we move along the route. These are detailed below:
- from 23 September 2016 a section of road on Dark Lane will be closed close to Orry's Mount for around four weeks with traffic flow being maintained by temporary two-way traffic lights;
- week commencing 10 October 2016 we'll be crossing Crosshall Brow. We will be closing one lane whilst we carry out this section of work, with two-way traffic controlled by temporary traffic lights. We expect this work to take around a week.
- week commencing 17 October 2016 we will close a section of Vicarage Lane just past it's junction with Wellfield Lane. We expect this work to take around one week;
- week commencing 24 October 2016 we will close a section of Whiteleys Lane at its junction with Wellfield Lane. We expect this work to take around one week;
- week commencing 31 October 2016 we will close the section of road on Scarth Hill Lane up to its junction with Whiteleys Lane for around eight weeks.