At Ormskirk School we operate a biometric recognition system. This allows linked services to recognise pupils using finger imaging, greatly improving security and efficiency over other login methods such as cards and pin numbers. We use biometric recognition in the following areas:
- Cashless Catering (balance checking / food purchases)
- Learning Resource Centre (checking out books)
- Pupil sign-in/out system
with benefits including:
- Improved security when processing financial transactions in the school
- No cost to parents and administration time to replace lost or forgotten cards
- Reduction in opportunities for pupils using each other’s or lost/stolen cards orpin numbers
- Children do not have to remember a pin or to bring a card
- Reduction in queuing time
We would like to make it clear that Ormskirk School complies at all times with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regarding the use of biometric data. In order for your child to use the biometric system, one parent or carer will need to consent in writing by email, or by signing and returning the consent form available below.
We will offer an alternative form of identification to those pupils who, upon consideration, would prefer to opt out of biometric identification.
Consent via email:
Please click the link below and add the following details to the email before sending
- Your full name
- Full names and progress groups of your children in school
Consent via form:
Please download the form via the link below. If you require a hard copy of the form please ask your child to collect one from reception.