Uniform Basic Summary
All of the detailed information regarding our uniform can be found in our Uniform and Appearance Policy:
Uniform and Appearance Policy
Our uniform in summary:
NB: All of our items of uniform/PE kit are non- gender specific.
• White shirt with top button fastened and shirt tails tucked into trousers/skirt
• Blue V-necked school jumper (Optional)
• Grey school trousers, pinafore or thick pleated school skirt (pinafores/skirts should be knee length)
• Blue blazer with school badge
• School tie
• Plain, grey socks
o If wearing the pinafore/skirt, socks should be long, but no higher than the knee, with no patterns or bows, or plain black tights (minimum 40 denier) can be worn
• If a hair covering is worn, it must be plain navy or black
• Plain, black, smart, sturdy shoes (Boots, trainers, shoes with logos, flimsy ballet/court shoes, pumps, fabric or high heels are not acceptable).
• If you are unsure of the suitability of footwear, please ask a member of the pastoral team. Acceptable footwear is at the discretion of the Head.
• Outdoor wear should be a plain coloured coat. High viz strips are highly recommended, especially in winter.
• Casual outer garments such as non-school jumpers, hoodies, fleeces, cardigans, leather or denim jackets etc. are not acceptable.
• Coats must be removed on entry into school buildings and should not be worn inside school buildings during the school day.
• We strongly advise that expensive branded outdoor clothing is not worn for daily school use as the school will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to these items.
• Once removed, coats should be placed in bags or lockers.
• Blazers should be worn at all times around school including movement to and from lessons and coats/ jumpers should not be worn in place of blazers.
• Plain coloured scarves and hats may be worn during cold weather, but these should not be worn in the school buildings.
Senior staff will inform staff and students if the uniform policy is to be relaxed during hot weather.
Bags and belongings
• Every student should have a school bag, suitable for school equipment.
• Bags should be sturdy and dark in colour.
P.E. and Games Kit
• Red polo shirt with school logo
• Navy shorts with school logo
• Sports sock navy with red top
• Clean non marking soled trainers
• Football / rugby boots/ shin pads/gum shield – staff will notify when these are required
• 1/4 zip training top with school logo
• Under armour red
• Tracksuit bottoms navy
Fashion Items / Other
• Earrings: no more than one piercing per ear, (ear lobes only) with one plain gold or silver stud, which should be removed for P.E.
o Any other piercings will be removed in school.
o Nose studs or retainers are not allowed and students will need to remove these in school.
• No jewellery except for earrings (as above) and a watch.
• If a student needs to wear a piece of jewellery for medical or religious reasons, it should be removed or covered up during physical activity or during practical learning. Jewellery worn for medical or religious reasons will only be allowed once approval has been sought and agreed in writing in advance. • Smart watches, or similar items, which connect to the internet are not allowed to be worn during the school day.
• Hair should not obscure a student’s vision or pose a Health and safety risk.
• Extreme hairstyles or colourings are not allowed.
• Hair should be cut no shorter than grade 2.
• If parents are unsure as to the suitability of a hairstyle, they should check with the pastoral team in school first.
• Hair accessories should be small, plain and navy or black. No flowers or bows should be worn.
• Shaved patterns in hair or eyebrows will not be permitted.
• Any make up, including false tan worn in school should be discreet. Nail varnish, false eye lashes or false nails are not allowed.