Uniform Basic Summary
All of the detailed information regarding our uniform can be found in our Uniform and Appearance Policy:
Uniform and Appearance Policy
Our uniform in summary:
NB: All of our items of uniform/PE kit are non- gender specific.
- White shirt (for boys and girls) with top button fastened and shirt tails tucked into trousers/skirt
- Grey school trousers, grey skirt or grey pinafore (skirts and pinafores should be knee length) for boys or girls
- Navy blazer with school badge
- School tie (we will be providing year 11 with their tie free of charge when we return in September)
- Navy V-necked school jumper or Navy cardigan (optional)
- Plain, grey socks in the same grey as the trouser or skirt
- If wearing a skirt, socks should be long but no higher than the knee (no patterns or bows) or plain black tights (minimum 40 denier) can be worn
- Plain, black, smart, sturdy shoes (traditional style - no boots, trainers or canvas shoes)
*With regards to the length of the skirt please be advised that the skirt needs to sit half way over the knee at the start of the school year. Any student starting in September with a skirt that is too short will be required to purchase a new skirt of the correct length. This is non-negotiable.
If you have any concerns about the length of the skirt and the fit, we suggest you contact Monkhouse directly and/or make an appointment to see them. Please also inform us on the enquiries email to let us know at email@example.com
Shoes should be plain, sturdy, smart and black. Ballet styles pumps and leather trainer type shoes are not suitable for school and do not meet our expectations. If you are unsure about a pair of shoes, please contact school and ask about their suitability so that we can make sure that money spent is on items that meet the appearance expectations.
• Outdoor wear should be a plain coloured coat. High viz strips are highly recommended, especially in winter.
• Casual outer garments such as non-school jumpers, hoodies, fleeces, cardigans, leather or denim jackets etc. are not acceptable.
• Coats must be removed on entry into school buildings and should not be worn inside school buildings during the school day.
• We strongly advise that expensive branded outdoor clothing is not worn for daily school use as the school will not accept responsibility for the loss or damage to these items.
• Once removed, coats should be placed in bags or lockers.
• Blazers should be worn at all times around school including movement to and from lessons and coats/ jumpers should not be worn in place of blazers.
• Plain coloured scarves and hats may be worn during cold weather, but these should not be worn in the school buildings.
Senior staff will inform staff and students if the uniform policy is to be relaxed during hot weather.
Bags and belongings
• Every student should have a school bag, suitable for school equipment.
• Bags should be sturdy and dark in colour.
P.E. and Games Kit
The compulsory PE kit consists of:
- School badged quarter zip training top (navy)
- School badged polo shirt (red)
- School badged shorts (navy)
- Sport socks (Navy with red top)
- Football boots with moulded/plastic studs/blades (Metal studs will not be allowed on the Astro turf)
- Clean non-marking soled trainers
- Rugby hum-shield
- Shin Pads
- White sports socks (Summer Term)
Optional PE Kit:
- Under armour (red)
- School badged tracksuit bottoms (navy)
- School badged hoodie Year 10 and Year 11 only (Supplied by Monkhouse when available)
- School badged leggings or non-branded navy leggings (navy)
Fashion Items / Other
- Students are allowed to wear one small stud earing in the lower lobe, plain gold or silver. Earrings must be removed for PE and no other piercings are allowed
- Make up, including false tan is allowed but must be discreet (the school will decide)
- False lashes/lash extensions are still not allowed
- Nail varnish and false nails are not allowed
- Hair must be of natural colouring and of an appropriate style for school (the school will decide)
- Scarves and hats denoting allegiance to outside sports teams and hooded tops/sweatshirts are not allowed
Monkhouse Schoolwear Specialists are our suppliers of our uniform. They are a major retailer of school uniform, supplying both online and in person in their Crosby store. Monkhouse have created a new Parent Guide which is available on their website at www.monkhouse.com/parentguide
Tel: 0161 476 7216 - Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5.00pm - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Needless to say, wherever possible for financial and reasons related to sustainability, where pre-loved uniform can be recycled or swapped, we would always encourage it. Please bring any items of uniform no longer required into school.